You can stir together this 3-ingredient Yogurt Dip for fruit in about a minute, then serve up a fruit plate with extra flavor. This is a favorite kids snack, or dip for a fruit platter to share!
Fruit is delicious on its own, but it can be even more flavorful and filling when you pair it with a dip. This one, which is made with just three simple ingredients, is a favorite because it’s easy to make and pairs so well with a range of fruits.
This is such an easy snack to share—actually, it’s so easy that you could let the kids stir it together if you wanted to!
Greek Yogurt Dip
You can make this yogurt dip with regular or Greek yogurt, according to what you have on hand. And it works with both plain and vanilla. We prefer it with almond butter, but any nut or seed butter will work—there are some yummy flavor variations in the Notes at the end of the recipe.
And know that you can always start this idea more simply, by just offering fruit with plain or flavored yogurt. That might be a great place for many kids to start exploring the idea of dipping their fruit.
Ingredients You Need
To make this recipe, you’ll need these ingredients from the store:
- Greek yogurt: I prefer this due to how thick it is, but you can use regular style yogurt if you prefer. I almost always start with plain yogurt, but you can use vanilla too.
- Almond butter: A creamy almond butter adds subtle flavor to this dip. Any brand or variety will work. You can trade in peanut butter, a chocolate nut butter, sunflower seed butter, or cashew butter.
- Honey or maple syrup: To add a little sweetness, if desired, you can use one of these sweeteners.
Then, you can pair this with sliced fruit, such as pears, apples, berries, or bananas, graham crackers, or really anything your kids like.
This is an overview of the process involved in making homemade Yogurt Dip. Scroll to the end of this post for the full recipe.
- Add the yogurt and almond butter to a bowl.
- Add the honey or maple syrup if using.
- Stir together well with a spoon to make a uniform mixture.
- Serve with sliced or diced fruit of choice.
TIP: You can give each kid their own small dip bowl or serve the full quantity to share on a fruit platter or plate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What fruits go well with yogurt?
We prefer sliced banana, strawberries, raspberries, apples, pear, and mango, but you can see which ones your kids like best.
What is yogurt dip made of?
This version of yogurt dip is made with yogurt, almond butter, and honey. There are a lot of ways to adjust this according to what you have on hand and the ingredient you prefer though.
How to Store
Store this dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Stir before serving from the fridge as sometimes there’s a little water that comes off of the mixture.
Best Tips for Success
- Stir together well to evenly incorporate the ingredients.
- Use vanilla yogurt and omit the sweetener.
- Use regular style yogurt, in place of Greek, if desired.
- Dairy-free: Use nondairy yogurt.
- Nut-free: Use sunflower seed butter.
- Try a chocolate almond butter to vary the flavor.