This Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is super easy to make, filled with nutritious ingredients, and is so darn creamy! (Bonus: You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it.)
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
It’s really amazing how good homemade frozen yogurt can be—and all you have to do is dice up some berries and stir them together with a few other ingredients you might already have on hand! It’s creamy, flavorful, and fresh.
This is one of those recipe that I’ve been making for years, both for myself, and for my kids. I couldn’t get enough when I was pregnant in the summer, and we often share it with friends during backyard dinners in the warmer months.
I love making this recipe when I have strawberries with really great flavor since that ensures the final result will be most delicious. (Though it’s possible to adjust the flavor and sweetness with the rest of the ingredients, so no worries if your strawberries aren’t superior.)
Ingredients You Need
To make this easy frozen yogurt recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Whole-milk Greek yogurt: This helps the final result be very creamy.
- Fresh strawberries: You can also use frozen strawberries if needed.
- Lemon: This helps brighten the flavor
- Honey or maple syrup: You can add this to taste after you blend the mixture since the sweetness in the berries varies.
- Vanilla extract
TIP: The Greek yogurt really makes the texture in this recipe, so do use it over regular yogurt. And if you only have regular yogurt, see the Notes at the bottom of the recipe for details on how to make it work!
Here’s a look at the basic process. Scroll down to the bottom of the recipe for the full info.
- Add the ingredients to a freezer-safe container that has a lid.
- Stir together.
- Seal the lid and freeze.
- Let soften a bit at room temperature before serving.
TIP: This freezes hard, so you need to let it sit out a bit before you’ll be able to serve it. Mash it up a bit to break up any ice crystals—it should quickly become super creamy once you do that.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe Without an Ice Cream Maker
I love simple recipes and not having to haul out appliances, so all you have to do to make this recipe is stir the ingredients together and freeze it. So easy!
(I actually do have an ice cream maker and have used it to make this, but the results are virtually the same without it, so no need to make a bigger mess!)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is strawberry frozen yogurt made of?
This easy strawberry frozen yogurt is made with yogurt, strawberries, a little lemon juice, and honey or maple syrup.
How do you make frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries?
You can simply dice them up and stir them into the mixture. You can blend the mixture together if you prefer the strawberries to be more thoroughly mixed in.
How do you make Frozen Strawberry Greek yogurt?
Simply stir the ingredients together, using Greek yogurt, strawberries, lemon juice, and honey or maple syrup, then freeze until firm.
How to Store
Store in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. Let sit at room temperature for a bit to soften before serving.
Best Tips for Success
- Freeze in individual portions if desired. They will soften faster at room temperature.
- Try with other fresh berries like raspberries.
- Freeze the mixture into popsicle molds if desired.
- You could churn this in an ice cream maker and serve immediately for a soft frozen texture.
- To make this with regular yogurt, simply place a little more than the recipe calls for into a paper towel-lined fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl. Let it drain for at least an hour to let out some of the liquid and thicken the yogurt.
- It’s possible that this will work just as well with Greek style nondairy yogurt. Please comment below if you try that out!