I am here for all of the quick and easy meal ideas, and these English Muffin Pizzas are just SO good. They are classic, versatile, and easy to make ahead and reheat. A total win!
English Muffin Pizzas
We love easy pizzas in all forms, whether as Flatbread Pizza, Pizza Rolls, or Pizza Quesadillas, and these English muffin ones have been in heavy rotation lately. They are so fast to make, and you can reheat them from the fridge or the freezer—so you can assemble them whenever you have the time and serve them up in minutes.
This idea works with regular or whole wheat English muffins. You can use gluten-free ones if you prefer, too.
We usually pair these with a simple Caesar salad and/or a side of fruit. They’d also be great with soup or applesauce.
Ingredients You Need
Here’s a look at the ingredients you need to make this pizza recipe so you know what to have on hand.
- English muffins: You can use regular, whole wheat, or gluten-free English muffins here. If frozen, plan to thaw them at least partially first.
- Pizza sauce: You can use jarred, canned, or homemade pizza sauce—or even a little marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese: Shredded mozzarella cheese melts nicely and has the classic pizza flavor.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: I like to add a little grated Parmesan to the top of each pizza for additional flavor.
- Pizza toppings as desired such as pepperoni, olives, precooked broccoli, or thinly sliced mushrooms.
Here’s a preview of how to make the recipe so you know what to expect from the process. Scroll down to the end of the post for the specific amounts and timing.
- Preheat the oven and cut the English muffins in half. Place onto a rimmed baking sheet. Top each English muffin half with pizza sauce.
- Add the mozzarella and Parmesan on top of each.
- Add any desired toppings.
- Bake until warmed through and the cheese is just golden brown. Serve warm, slicing up for younger kids as needed to make them easy to chew.
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat on a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds or heat through in a 375-degree-F oven.
You can pack these in a thermos for a pizza lunch for the kids, too.
Best Tips for Success
- Use any type of English muffin you prefer.
- Use dairy-free cheese as needed.
- Use pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
- Serve with simple sides such as fruit, applesauce, salad, or roasted broccoli.
- Cut into strips with kitchen scissors to make it easier for younger toddlers to chew.