Blend up this fresh Mango Yogurt for a quick baby snack, toddler breakfast, or to satisfy your own yogurt cravings. The method takes just minutes, it stores so well in the fridge, and it just tastes so darn good!
I’ve long loved the combination of mango and yogurt (or drinkable yogurt), and this easy flavored yogurt packs a nutrition punch—and just tastes so good.
Yogurt is a great food for kids because it’s rich in calcium, probiotics, and protein—and it’s a really versatile base for adding flavor like fresh fruit.
You can use fresh or frozen mango in this recipe, or start with Mango Puree.
Most plain yogurt is fairly similar in flavor, though there may be some variation in the tartness. There is often a lot of flavor variation in mangos though—so this may vary in sweetness each time you make it.
Which is why it’s helpful to taste it after blending and adjust the sweetness as needed.
Ingredients You Need
Here’s a look at what you need for this recipe so you’ll know what to pick up at the store:
- Plain yogurt: I prefer whole milk yogurt, but if you only have access to low fat or vanilla, that is totally fine. You can use regular or Greek style. The only difference is the thickness.
- Mango: You can use fresh or frozen mango. Or start with fresh mango or mango puree.
- Optional ingredients: Fresh lime juice and zest and/or hemp seeds.
- You can add honey or maple syrup depending on the sweetness of your fruit.
Dairy-free: You can use plain nondairy yogurt if you need to make this without dairy. Look for options from Siggis or Kite Hill or any that you prefer.
You can use fresh, frozen, or store-bought mango baby food if you prefer.
Here’s a look at how to make this recipe so you know what to expect. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the full information.
- If making with fresh mango: Add fruit to a blender and blend smooth.
- If making with frozen mango: Thaw at room temperature or warm for about 1 minute in the microwave. Add them to the blender and blend smooth.
- Stir together with the yogurt to make a uniform mixture.
- Add any optional ingredients.
- Stir or store for later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do mango and yogurt go together?
Mango and yogurt combine to make really delicious homemade flavored yogurt.
What kind of mango is best for this recipe?
You can use fresh or frozen mango. Or you can start with Mango Puree. And you can use any type of mango variety you find at your stores. (If you ever see the super sweet Ataulfo/Honey mango, which is a little smaller and insanely delicious tasting, grab some. They’re not in season as often, but wow they are good!)
Is this a good baby yogurt?
Yes, it’s a great baby food option, whether served on a spoon or in a reusable pouch. (You can even stir in instant oats to make a fast Overnight Oats variation.) Skip the optional honey for babies under age 12 months.
How to Store
You can store this mango yogurt in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also store them in reusable baby food pouches and serve them right in the pouch if that’s easier for you.
product we love
WeeSprout Storage Jars
These reusable glass jars are perfect for storing yogurt.
Best Tips for Success
- Use plain whole milk yogurt if possible (little kids need fat for brain development). If you only have the option to use low-fat or vanilla, the recipe will still work just fine.
- You can use regular or Greek style yogurt. The only difference is that Greek yogurt makes this a little thicker and has more protein.
- Use fresh or frozen cubes of mango, or Mango Puree.
- Add in hemp seeds for more nutrition if desired.
- Try it with the lime for an added flavor if desired.
- Serve with a spoon or in a reusable pouch.
- Top with granola if desired. Crush it up for kids under about 2 or so.