Make quick, delicious work of feeding the family with this super simple Bagel Pizza recipe. In just about 10 minutes, you can have a satisfying meal on the table (without any fuss at all) to share with the kids.
Bagel Bites Pizzas
We’re always looking for easy ways to serve up pizza for dinner and pizza for lunch, and these bagel pizzas are so fast and so good. They are an easy riff on the ones you can buy in the freezer aisle—but you can vary them as needed for your family. Plus, they are often less expensive to make at home but just as fast.
These can be served to 1-year-olds and up, just slice into strips to make them easier to chew for younger eaters as needed. And just about any favorite pizza topping can be added too.
(Find more ideas in my Ultimate Guide to Easy Pizza.)
Bagel Pizza Bites
When I was a kid, we ate a lot of frozen bagel bites for lunch and for snack, and this brings back such great memories. You can make this recipe with regular or mini bagels and you can even make a batch ahead, to stash in the freezer for fast meals when you need them.
Ingredients You Need
To make this recipe, here’s a look at what you’ll need to pick up at the store. It’s super accessible, so everything here should be easy for you to find.
- Mini bagels: You can use regular or whole wheat mini bagels or use full-size bagels if you prefer. If needed for a preference or allergy, you can sub in gluten-free bagels, too. If using frozen bagels, you’ll want to thaw them first so you can slice them.
- Pizza sauce: Jarred, canned, or fresh homemade pizza sauce adds flavor to these bagel pizza bites. You can use pesto to vary the flavor, too.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: I like to use shredded mozzarella for classic pizza flavor.
- Grated Parmesan: I sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top of the pizzas for more flavor.
- Favorite pizza toppings such as pepperoni slices, halved or diced tomatoes, diced olives, cooked and minced broccoli, or any other desired toppings. If using vegetables, it’s best to precook them since the cooking time on these bagel pizzas is fast and veggies may not cook through until soft.
Below is a look at how to make this kids meal so you know what to expect from the process. Scroll down to the end of the post for the full amounts and timing.
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Place the bagel halves onto the prepared pan. Top with pizza sauce and cheeses.
- Add any desired toppings.
- Bake until warmed through and the cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two before cutting and serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you toast bagels before making pizza bagels?
You don’t have to toast bagels before making bagel pizzas, but if you prefer them to be crispier, it’s an option.
How long to put pizza bagels in oven?
Generally, it takes about 8-10 minutes to warm and cook bagel pizzas in a preheated oven.
How to make a pizza bagel in air fryer?
Assemble your bagel pizzas, then place into the Air Fryer and cook for about 4 minutest ta 375 degrees F.
How to Store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or toaster oven until warmed through.
To freeze a batch, prepare as directed and let cool fully. Place in a single layer in a freezer bag, remove as much air as you can and freeze. To warm, place frozen pizza bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 4-6 minutes in a 375-degree-F oven, or in a toaster oven, or for about 30-60 seconds on a heat-safe plate in the microwave.
Best Tips for Success
- Cut up for younger kids—they may be easiest for 1-year-olds to chew if cut into thin strips—and serve with a simple side of fruit for an easy meal.
- Add fully cooked ground meat or sausage or partially cooked bell pepper or broccoli. Or add pepperoni, thinly sliced mushrooms, olives, or spinach directly on top of the sauce and cook as directed.
- Dairy-free: Use a favorite dairy-free cheese.
- Gluten-free: Use a gluten-free bagel.
- Adults may enjoy their bagel pizzas topped with crushed red pepper flakes and/or shredded fresh basil.
- Try pesto in place of the pizza sauce.
- Trade in naan bread, flatbread, or pita bread for an equally easy option.